Sashimi and al tang - 7/27/20

I used mostly Maangchi recipe for the seasoning paste, except I substituted the fish sauce and added salted shrimp and added some minced ginger.

I wanted it extra spicy so I considered using the Korean extra spicy powder, but instead I went the natural route and used sliced jalapenos and sliced Thai peppers.  This turned out great;  extra spicy with flavor.  This al tang as good as my dad used to make.

I bought some frozen salted pollack roe from HMart for $18.99 for about 8 pieces.  Also, added Korean radish, squash, littlekneck clams, Korean green peppers, tofu, some sliced unions, and large green onions.

There is no fishy smell to this pollack roe (al tang) soup, but when I made it with black cod fish a few days later, the soup was a little oily and definitely a slight fishy smell.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret to good cooking...

Korean Oxtail soup center cut - 1/4/21