Cold Udon and Karaage - 8/17/20

A few weeks ago, I had 2 spicy tuna hand rolls, karaage and cold sake in a ramen shop in Culver City.

The chicken was tender and had a nice flavor so I had to see if I could make it at home.

I followed the recipe by Seonkyoung, the best karaage.  I used the Japanese concentrated broth instead along with the frozen sanukiya udon...I can't use any other after using this.

Cutting up the thigh was a little tough...this was a big chicken.

Of course, I had to make a soup but it was over 90 degrees in LA so no hot soup.

I decided to make cold udon by Daniel, Future Dish.

The chicken turned out great, tender on the inside with just


the right amount of flavor, not too oily.

It's just a little work in cutting up the thigh into small pieces.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret to good cooking...

Korean Oxtail soup center cut - 1/4/21

Sashimi and al tang - 7/27/20