Bossam, cold seaweed soup and... - 8-24-20

 Still very hot in Los Angeles so no hot soup today.

Tried the cold seaweed soup by Sue, My Korean Kitchen.

Also, I made boiled pork by Kwon's Corner.

The cold seaweed soup was okay...just not into seaweed that much.

I really like how the bossam turned out...no smell with a very light smoky taste and so tender.
I know about using garlic and ginger to take away the smell, but the COFFEE and BEER upped it and gave it more flavor.  Also, charring the pork before boiling it must have given that slight smoky flavor.
I ate it with perilla leaves and Korean cabbage soaked in salted water.

"On top of that", I made the "oyster radish salad" by Maangchi.  This was very good, I added crushed Thai red peppers and  sliced garlic instead on minced.  I believe this is more of a kimchi than salad.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret to good cooking...

Korean Oxtail soup center cut - 1/4/21

Sashimi and al tang - 7/27/20