Yukgaejang for Brunch June 14, 2020



About a month ago, I went to my close friend's house for Korean BBQ...but the key dish was yukgaejang. It was the best yukgaejang (Korean spicy beef and vegetable soup) I had ever had.

I soon asked him for the recipe.
Main Ingredients:

Large green onion 3-4 pieces
Brisket 600 g

Other ingredients:
Garlic, minced Mirin or soju
Beef bone broth packet
dasida
Red pepper, coarse

Directions:
Cut green onions about 3 inches length Slice briskets and put them in pot. Saute with cooking oil and water until well cooked Add garlic, mirin Add 1 pack of bone broth with equal amount of water Add 1 tspn of dasida 2 tspn red pepper (coarse) 1/2 tspn salt 1 tspn black pepper 1/2 cup of shitake mushrooms (sliced) Boil on high heat for about 30 minutes. Add more water and red pepper for your liking. Boil on medium heat for another 30 minutes and serve. When I did this today, I left out the dasida and used rib eye (thinly sliced) instead of brisket. Also, I added more green onions and included jalapenos (sliced) and some glass noodles. I added more red pepper (coarse) and thin red pepper but it wasn't as spicy as that day...maybe he used a spicier red pepper?

This took about 1 1/2 hours to make.

Well the key is the large green onions. check out a video on a famous Korean chef on green onion soup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret to good cooking...

Korean Oxtail soup center cut - 1/4/21

Sashimi and al tang - 7/27/20